The BS of my MS

I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis April 11, 2006. It was a fairly quick diagnosis and there are days/weeks I can mostly ignore it. For those days I can't, this blog documents my journey.

Thursday, April 13, 2006

I found out that my blood work came back okay, for the most part. My ANA (testing for auto-immune disease) and lyme disease test came back okay. My chest x-ray was "unremarkable," which in this case is a good thing. Just think...for once I want to be unremarkable. Go figure. My Westergren Sediment test was a bit high, which the nurse said meant there is inflamation somewhere, likely. When I asked about the inflamation in my central nervous system causing this exacerbation (flare up) she said that wasn't likely. When I looked it up, high levels can be caused from anything from kidney disease, severe anemia, or pregnancy. (I'm pretty dang sure I am not prego!) However, the nurse said that normal range is 0-20 and mine is 25, which isn't high enough to cause alarm. That's good.

On one hand, it would be nice to have this NOT be MS. On the other hand, I am just ready to know and move forward. So, in once sense, I am thankful that the blood work didn't raise any new flags.

Last night I ate chili, and it upset my stomach so much from the steroids. And I have been up since 4:15 this morning. I might try some benadryl.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home