The BS of my MS

I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis April 11, 2006. It was a fairly quick diagnosis and there are days/weeks I can mostly ignore it. For those days I can't, this blog documents my journey.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Today I had my last round of steroid infusion. Now, I start 18 days of an oral tapered dose. I have to make sure I remember to take them. I am not use to taking medicine in the morning.

I mentioned to the nurse today that I wish she were there yesterday. Today's nurse was the one who did my first IV, and it went smoothly. She is also very nice and not irritating. I mentioned that the nurse yesterday just bugged me; she had a story (personal story) for everything. She even shared that her son was recovering from a horrible car accident and having surgeries, etc. Not to sound completely uncaring, but I really didn't care. Today's nurse is the managing nurse, which I didn't know. She thanked me for telling her and was irritated with the other nurse. I felt bad--I was just kind of venting. But she seemed like this wasn't overly new news.

I am still so hot and sweaty. I feel like I am dying, and it's only in the 60s today. I also feel so smelly. It's wretched.

In good news, people have noticed I am moving around better. I hope that it continues, even after I go on the oral steroids. I also need to check back in with my doctor, to see when I have to go back.

One last vent: insurance companies SUCK. I am waiting around for them to start processing these blasted claims so I can meet my deductible and start having them pay 80/20, which still leaves me owing a heck of a lot. But it will come from somewhere. Afterall, you can't get blood out of a turnip. And if you're my nurse yesterday, you couldn't get blood out of someone, even with really easy-to-find veins. Bleh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home