The BS of my MS

I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis April 11, 2006. It was a fairly quick diagnosis and there are days/weeks I can mostly ignore it. For those days I can't, this blog documents my journey.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

A few quick blurbs:

  • My headache finally went away. I think it was Thursday or Friday? And my fever doesn't seem as big of a deal. I think not having a headache helps. So, I am feeling better and not as sick. I am very tired, but I'll take that over a headache any day.
  • On Monday, we will be moving to a lower apartment. Right now we live on the 4th floor of a walk up building (no elevator). Since I am feeling good, this hasn't been a big challenge, recently. But during my worst flare up, it was a challenge to go up and down the stairs. This is sort of a precautionary/pre-emptive move. I don't know the course my symptoms will take in the next few years, and when I can barely walk isn't the time to pack/move. As of Monday, we will live on the second floor.
  • It's good to realize that things have gotten better from when I was at my worst. Most noticeably is that I can stand with my feet together and my eyes closed and maintain my balance, for the most part. Before, I would fall over immediately, so that's good news. Another thing is this--when I was at the doctor, during the diagnosis process, he had me sit on the floor and try to get up, without holding onto anything. I couldn't do it. I had trouble, even holding onto the examination table. Today, I was packing some books, while sitting in the middle of the floor. I had no problem getting up. It's good to see how far I have come.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:49 PM, Blogger Jaime said…

    This is great news! Sounds like you are doing much better...you will be in my thoughts and prayers that you continue to do better with each day. :) I also pray that your body quickly adjusts to the medication so that you don't have headaches with each injection. I am glad that for now your headache is gone.

    I can't even imagine trying to go up 4 floors....I have a townhome and have trouble with one flight of stairs sometimes (when I have flares) so I can only imagine how difficult that must have been. Good for you making the choice to move ahead of time...way to take control of your MS in advance rather than having it control you!

    I wish you well and good luck with the move.

    Jaime

     
  • At 10:25 AM, Blogger mdmhvonpa said…

    4th floor an no elevator ... yetch.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home