The BS of my MS

I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis April 11, 2006. It was a fairly quick diagnosis and there are days/weeks I can mostly ignore it. For those days I can't, this blog documents my journey.

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

I haven't updated for a while. So here is what's new:

  • The big news is that I heard today from the drug company, and I was accepted into the patient assistance program. That means I get my medicine for $50/month, compared to $300+/month it was going to cost. Also, I don't have to pay the whole cost upfront and wait reimbursement. This is very good news. My first shipment will arrive Thursday morning, and a nurse will be contacting me to teach me how to do injections. Yes, giving myself shots makes me a bit nervous, but I suppose one perk to being fat is that I have extra cushioning.
  • After an assertive phone call to Blue Cross/Blue Shield yesterday, I finally got them to process my claims. They had processed some, but there were some from back in February that they hadn't processed, including my opthamologist appointment. So, after demanding to speak to a manager, my issue was resolved in about 17 hours. I spoke to them at 3 last night, and by 8:30 this morning, they had been processed. Makes me wonder what the delay was.
  • My right hand is going a bit numb. This is similar to how my hands were back in late November. I have called the nurse and let her know. Hopefully it gets better as it did then. I have also been having headaches, which may/may not be attributed to MS. They can be, but it's usually rare. Other possible causes could be the horribly rainy weather or the immense amount of stress I am currently under.
  • I am not as hungry all the time as I was with the steroids. Thankfully that side effect seems to have subsided, and now I need to get rid of the 10 pounds I picked up along the way. I am still experiencing some funky hormone action. The steroids made me skip my period (yes, I am sure I am not prego), and ever since I started back up on my birth control pills, my body is not sure what it wants to do on any given day. Maybe this is why my emotions are so haywire.

That's all I can think of for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home