The BS of my MS

I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis April 11, 2006. It was a fairly quick diagnosis and there are days/weeks I can mostly ignore it. For those days I can't, this blog documents my journey.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Well, it has been a while. And I really should have updated by now, too.

Things are going...okay. In MS-land, I started having some balance issues about a month ago. nothing too severe--I haven't fallen or anything. I called my neuro to keep him posted, and he had me come in. He didn't recommend IVSM (thank goodness) because it seemed pretty minor.

I have now started having some sensory issues in my left side. It started in my left arm. My mom bumped it during church and I realized it felt a bit strange. It has moved into my trunk, down my arm, and somewhat into my leg. I even feel numbness in my ear. Weird. I have a call into the doctor to keep him posted. I really don't want steroids, though. I moreso wanted to chart the progress of the flare ups.

Other than that, I get really tired when I walk a lot. But otherwise, I am okay.

In non-MS land, things are going a bit nuts in various areas of life. It's just too complicated and too private to spell out. But it really is exhausting. I feel the sh** is hitting the fan all at once, and really have no place to spill it. Oh well.

But I am still here. Thanks to mdmhvonpa for checking in on me at my other blog. I tend to write more there--non-MS related. But even my efforts there have been waning.

3 Comments:

  • At 5:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Those tactile symptoms are a significant impactor in life. Cant sleep or enjoy things the way you used to.

    It does not help your non-ms issues either.

    hope all gets better soon.

     
  • At 9:49 AM, Blogger Charles-A. Rovira said…

    The problem with sensory misfiring is that where is bothering you is not what is bothering you.

    Like my feet always feeling that I'm standing barefoot on an ice block, right up until I put on a pair of tight-fiting socks (loose socks don't work,) is due to a lesion in my brain, or my hands occasionally feeling like I'm holding onto a wet fish (quite excusable when I am holding onto a wet fish, of course.)

    I've found that these effects can be compensated for as long as you don't change your posture.

    Slow and steady movements is how I took care of my balance issues.

     
  • At 8:08 PM, Blogger Jaime said…

    It is so good to hear from you. I am sorry to hear you have had some symtpoms showing their ugly head. The numbness especially can be bothersome. I hope your doc has some ideas of how to help without you having to do the IVSM (I'm with you on those..they suck). You are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope things settle down both in your MS and non-MS world. Take care of yourself.
    Jaime

     

Post a Comment

<< Home