The BS of my MS

I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis April 11, 2006. It was a fairly quick diagnosis and there are days/weeks I can mostly ignore it. For those days I can't, this blog documents my journey.

Saturday, February 24, 2007

I am going to make a request. This is not to be mean or nasty, but simply a request that I hope others will respect.

Please do not link to my blog on other sites, particularly message boards. I don't mind "blog rolls" as it's part of an online community with MS. But please don't send a large group of people my way to observe what I am saying about certain things. Justified or not, it leaves me feeling like a sideshow act. I know that by blogging I am making my thoughts and experiences public. But as a courtesy, please ask before using my posts outside of your personal blog.

I know that there are a lot of issues surrounding MS--treatment decisions, sometimes embarrassing symptoms, the way it affects one's personal and professional life. And I know that by writing on a blog I am putting my own experiences out there. I would just ask that those are not exploited. I write here for personal documentation and support. If it helps others along the way, that's great. And I am glad I have some readers, if I still do that is. I have found the comments I have received encouraging, helpful and supportive. But I hope people are reading and commenting because they are supportive, not because of another motive.

In the past, I have received comments regarding message boards, vitamins and supplements, and the like. I have deleted those comments, because they seemed more like advertisements than anything else.

I am not attempting to personally attack anyone or cause drama. I just ask that my comfort level be respected. Thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home