The BS of my MS

I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis April 11, 2006. It was a fairly quick diagnosis and there are days/weeks I can mostly ignore it. For those days I can't, this blog documents my journey.

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Tonight, we went to grab some dinner and to the grocery store.

I have no been up doing stuff all day--I've been pretty stationary working on some school work.

But I went all out gimpy. My gait was uneven--heavy back and forth on each leg, if that makes sense. I was swaying when standing, often grabbing the cart, etc. My legs seem to be in a constant locked-knee state when standing.

This is all sudden. B said it seemed to even get worse in the store. Granted, that could have been walking around agitating the problem, but the problem was still there from the beginning.

I have no idea why this came on so suddenly. Of course, I am thinking "Damn, I got Tysabri yesterday. How fast does it take to get PML?" It was my first infusion about 24 hours ago. Likely doesn't set in like that. But this has been scary, whatever the cause.

And no one give me a spiel of BS from the "fact sheet" from Biogen. I don't want to hear it.

B even said that if this lasts longer than a day, I should get a cane. And he said he was really worried. Must be bad for him to verbalize that, since no 29-year-old wants a wife with a cane, and he doesn't usually express things like that to me.

I'm worried. I am hoping it's a fluke for a day. But even for a day--the sudden shift has me concerned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home