The BS of my MS

I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis April 11, 2006. It was a fairly quick diagnosis and there are days/weeks I can mostly ignore it. For those days I can't, this blog documents my journey.

Friday, February 19, 2010

When do you need a cane? The other day when we were out, B said, "If you continue to be like this, you'll need a cane." I was shocked that he would suggest that.

I've been off, lately. When I get up for any amount of time, my legs get weak and my balance gets off. Turning corners is especially awkward. I thank God for walls.

I ran into a bookshelf, today, at home. No books are on it--just photos. And a tall statue sits on top. I caused it to tilt back and forth. Thankfully it didn't fall and I was able to steady it.

Part of me is like, "I don't need a cane. I'll just look foolish with one." As in, people will just think I am dramatic. The other part of me is like, "Do I need a cane? Am I in denial?" You always want to think you're not bad enough for that.

I mean no offense to people who use assistive devices with my reservations. I just don't want to get one if I don't need one. But don't want to be scared to get one, if that is what is best.

Decisions, decisions.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home