The BS of my MS

I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis April 11, 2006. It was a fairly quick diagnosis and there are days/weeks I can mostly ignore it. For those days I can't, this blog documents my journey.

Monday, February 22, 2010

I am trying to figure out what is going on. I found the following link: http://msj.sagepub.com/cgi/content/abstract/15/11/1359
We describe three patients suffering from a very active form of relapsing—remitting multiple sclerosis (MS), who experienced severe disease worsening, associated with a marked increase in brain inflammation, a few days after the first administration of natalizumab. In line with preclinical studies, our observations suggest that natalizumab, when administered during active disease phases, may worsen disease evolution possibly by modifying the regulatory network in the brain. We suggest that relapsing—remitting MS patients having had a recent relapse should be treated with natalizumab only after achieving complete clinical and radiological remission.
This describes me. I was in a relapse during my first Tysabri infusion last Tuesday. When I was on it a couple of years ago, I was *not* in a relapse. I was pretty stable. My only fear is that the doctor won't take me seriously. I told the nurse about it, when I called back to check in, and she didn't seem concerned with my research (or maybe she was overwhelmed with my flood of information) and asked questions about what was going on and said she'd pass it along to the doctor. Sometimes I don't feel I am able to articulate what is going on.

I am trying to get full-access to the article through my friend who is a doctor. I really hope they would give some credibility to this when it seems like it is exactly what is happening to me.

I feel at a loss. I don't want to be a drama queen, but I also don't want to screw around with something that could make me worse. I waited over the weekend to gauge how things were going to see if it was just a fluke. But it's not.

If I'm honest--I am concerned. And that's what I tried to express to the doctor. I hate bothering him, but I guess part of his job is dealing with my concerns. Right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home